Life Around The Table: 101
Time & Location
About the Event
Help us build a Christ-centered, loving community! Life Around The Table is a 12-Week introduction to discipleship and community at The Table Community Church. This is a series of courses designed to teach theological, relational, and devotional essentials that help us bring people together around the good news of Jesus. When completed, you’ll be more equipped as a disciple of Jesus, and you’ll have some basic tools to help us build community. Here is a snapshot for what to expect (the resoruces are highly reccomended, but not requried).
Course 1 – Scripture. Christ is at the center of who we are, and Scripture is where we turn to get to know Jesus better. This course will help us get more familiar with Scripture. Even for those who are seasoned followers of Jesus, this will be an important course that will help you not only know Scripture but also grow in your ability to communicate Scripture in our cultural climate.
· How to Read the Bible for All its Worth by Gordon Fee & Douglas Stuart
· How (Not) to Read the Bible by Dan Kimball
· https://bibleproject.com/learn/how-to-read-the-bible/ by The Bible Project
Course 2 – Shared Life. This course will help us become emotionally healthy followers of Jesus. This isn’t about “sharing your feelings.” Rather, it’s about growing in self-awareness and the ability to relate to others in community.
· Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
· Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry & Jean Greaves
· Life Together by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Course 3 – Spirit-Filled Living. This course will help us organize our lives around Jesus through practices like prayer, rest, thanksgiving, serving, worshipping, community, etc. We call these Spirit-filled Practices rather than “spiritual disciplines” because we want to be clear that the Spirit of God is forming and fashioning us as we practice following Jesus.
· Disciplines of the Holy Spirit by Siang-Yang & Douglas Gregg
· The Life You’ve Always Wanted by John Ortberg